TERMS & CONDITIONS THE CLINICAL ACADEMY FOR STUDENTS
- Bookings will only be accepted when made online at www.theclinicalacademy.com. For enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0333 7777 689.
- If you make a course booking under the distance selling regulations and your course starts less than 14 days later, you agree to forfeit your rights to a refund in the event that you cancel your course.
- Once a booking and a deposit has been made, any fees are not refundable after the cooling off period (14 days).
- Where course study material is sent (either by email or post) prior to the course training date, the course tuition will be deemed to have commenced and therefore the course fee is non-refundable.
- Courses booked in person or within 14 days of the start date do not qualify for the distance act rules. All course deposits/fees paid are non-refundable.
- Once we have processed your booking you will receive a course confirmation email with details of the course start/finish times and any specific instructions. Any bookings or orders can be found in your Clinical Academy account. Your place is guaranteed only when your deposit has been received and you have received a booking confirmation. If you do not receive a booking confirmation please contact us by email at email@example.com.
PAYMENTS & CANCELLATION
- All current fees can be found by accessing the course you require at www.theclinicalacademy.com
- Payments can be made by:
- Credit*/debit cards
- Bank transfer: NatWest, Sort code: 54-30-11 Account No: 35258527
Payment plans can also be arranged with THE CLINICAL ACADEMY. Credit may be available to you subject to status. Full payment is required 14 days before commencement of your course.
*We do not process Amex credit card payments.
- All instalment agreements must be adhered to, agreed and signed by THE CLINICAL ACADEMY and the student. Failure to adhere to this will result in the course dates being opened up to other students and forfeit of any payment already paid to the academy. Course fees include:
- Tuition fees
- Training materials/Products used during lessons
- Manuals and handouts
- Additional fees may be required such as registration fees or assessment fee.
- If in the event of payment default, THE CLINICAL ACADEMY will charge the following:
- 1st postal payment arrears letter - £20 charge
- 2nd postal payment arrears letter - £35 charge
- Failure of payment after this will incur legal action at the student’s cost
- Students can make use of the café facilities that are open Monday-Friday. Refreshments will be provided. Students are also welcome to bring their own lunch.
- In the event of a student withdrawing from a course before completion or failing to attend the course without giving at least 15 days prior notice, the following fees will apply:
- Courses over £300: A payment of £250 will be required to rebook for an alternative date
- Courses under £300: Half of the course cost will be required to rebook for an alternative date
- Under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, a student has the right to cancel a course booked within 14 days (known as a “cooling off period”) of entering into a contract. In this instance a full refund will be made to the student. If the course commences within the cooling off period or the student has attended the course then the cooling off period is forfeit. If a student withdraws from a course within 15 days of commencement for whatever reason then the full fee will remain payable or any fees paid will be held.
- Any other items that will include further costs such as kits for home use will be charged as additional items unless specifically stated otherwise.
- On some courses, a scrub top is included in the course costs.
- On very rare occasions, due to circumstances, it may be necessary to reschedule or cancel a course upon which a booking is made. If the reschedule dates offered are not convenient to the student, THE CLINICAL ACADEMY will refund payments already paid only. No other compensation will be made by THE CLINICAL ACADEMY.
- THE CLINICAL ACADEMY warrants that the services provided under these terms will be provided with reasonable skill and care.
- The student warrants to THE CLINICAL ACADEMY:
- They are legally capable of entering into binding contracts, and have full authority, power and capacity to agree to these booking terms.
- That the information provided in or in connection with the booking request is accurate and complete.
- The student will be able to attend THE CLINICAL ACADEMY course at the time and place advertised.
- The student meets the pre-requisites and qualification criteria for attending the course as specified in pre requisites.
- The student is a resident of the UK or the European Union.
- The student will ensure they attend every hour of the course on which they are booked. Course content is designed to meet the criteria set out by the relevant awarding bodies. Failure to attend all the guided learning hours could result in the student not gaining the relevant qualification.
- Students must be 18 years or over at the time they commence a course at THE CLINICAL ACADEMY unless otherwise stated.
- THE CLINICAL ACADEMY will not guarantee any student will pass any test, examination or competence certificate. If during the test, examination or competency demonstration, the student does not meet the standards required by the governing body applicable to that skill, THE CLINICAL ACADEMY cannot be held responsible.
- Courses will require practice on models at home plus written assignments to enable completion. Photo evidence may be required by the internal and external verifier.
- THE CLINICAL ACADEMY reserves the right to alter or reschedule course dates and timetables where necessary.
- THE CLINICAL ACADEMY reserves the right to alter and rearrange the course structure and content as and when necessary or as directed by any governing bodies or accredited institutions without notice.
- THE CLINICAL ACADEMY reserves the right to decide on the number of students present on a course at any time.
- THE CLINICAL ACADEMY reserves the right to refuse entry/enrolment onto any course or refuse education to a student booked on a course with valid reason.
- All course materials are copyright to THE CLINICAL ACADEMY and will not be copied without permission.
- All students are required to adhere to Health and Safety, Student Conduct, Client Confidentiality, Data Protection and any other policy or regulation as set by THE CLINICAL ACADEMY. These are available to students on request.
- Students will adhere to the dress code as directed by THE CLINICAL ACADEMY
- Tutors and assessors may change throughout the course without notice.
- The final decision on any assessment will be made by THE CLINICAL ACADEMY, VTCT or any other awarding body.
- Students acknowledge that any work not submitted to the tutor for marking within the agreed study period will be subject to further fees. The student also acknowledges that some work will need to be to a standard recognised by external awarding bodies.
- It is the learner’s responsibility to study resources deemed appropriate to pass written and practical assessments and exams.
Re-sit written exams will be charged for as follows:
- Written 1st attempt - Included in course fees
- Written 2nd attempt - Included in course fees
- Written 3rd attempt - £20.00
- Written further attempts - £25.00
- Practical 1st attempt - Included in course fees
- Practical further attempts charged at £75.00
- All re-sit exams will need to be booked into dates when the internal verifier is booked to attend.
- Home study of theory is required and is the student’s responsibility to do so in order to have the knowledge to pass assessments.
- Re-sits and re-takes of written or practical assessments will need to be taken at a time scale set by THE CLINICAL ACADEMY to fit in with the internal verifier or external verifier. VTCT or ITEC in any discipline have an end point given by THE CLINICAL ACADEMY at enrolment. Any completion passed the end date will be charged at a penalty of £150 + VAT for each day dedicated to student completion. Any re-sits required past a 2 year period need to be started again and will be charged at the full price of the qualification to do this.
- Failure to arrive for a pre booked assessment will be charged a re-arrangement fee £250 + vat per qualification.
TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR PURCHASE & DELIVERY OF GOODS
Purchases via website
Please refer to Terms & Conditions Online Purchases page on THE CLINICAL ACADEMY website
Please refer to Delivery Information page on THE CLINICAL ACADEMY website
Returns & Refunds
Please refer to Returns & Refunds page on THE CLINICAL ACADEMY website
THE CLINICAL ACADEMY endeavour to provide an exemplary service, however, any complaint about any aspect or experience at THE CLINICAL ACADEMY, should be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or to THE CLINICAL ACADEMY, 1000 Lakeside, North Harbour, Portsmouth, PO6 3EN, The complaint will be looked into and a response will be acknowledged within 5 working days with a resolution within a 30 working day period.
The only language used by THE CLINICAL ACADEMY is English. If you require your course literature to be translated then please discuss this at the point of booking the course or email email@example.com at least 28 days prior to the start of the course. THE CLINICAL ACADEMY reserves the right to charge a fee for translation services.
3. Law applicable
These booking terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with English law, and the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction to adjudicate any dispute arising under or in relation to these booking terms.
4. Limitation of our Liability
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- Use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- Use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- Loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- Business interruption;
- Loss of anticipated savings;
- Loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- Any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
5. No Reliance on Information
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
6. PRODUCT WARRANTY
- For Products which do not have a manufacturer's guarantee, the Seller provides a warranty that Products shall be free from material defects for the following periods, commencing in each case on the date of the Dispatch Confirmation:
Leads: 90 days
Equipment: 1 calendar year
However, this warranty does not apply in the circumstances described in clauses 6.2 and 6.3.
6.2. The warranty in clause 6.1 does not apply to any defect in the Products arising from:
6.2.1. Fair wear and tear;
6.2.2. Wilful damage, abnormal or improper use, storage or working conditions, accident, negligence by you or by any third party;
6.2.3. If you fail to operate or use the Products in accordance with the user instructions;
6.2.4. Any alteration or repair by you or by a third party who is not one of our authorised repairers; or
6.2.5. Any specification provided by you
6.3. The warranty in clause 6.1 does not apply to
6.3.1. Consumables, such as replaceable batteries;
6.3.2. Any Product which has been opened or tampered with (except to replace batteries); or
6.3.3. Any Product with an illegible serial number.
6.4. If you are a consumer, this warranty is in addition to your legal rights in relation to Products that are faulty or not as described. You should take appropriate legal advice if in any doubt.
7. CHANGES TO OUR SITE
We may update our site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
8. CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
Please check the website page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you.
In placing an order for a course or products with THE CLINICAL ACADEMY, the individual acknowledges and accepts all terms listed above.